Sunday, February 19, 2006

Mars Blackman


Do you know who Mars Blackman is? Do you know? Do you know? Do you know????
I used to always love the NBA All-Star game cause there would be a new MJ and Mars commercial to hype the new Air Jordans.
Here's my homage to Mars and some links to his commercials from the late 80's. Click on them for some Nike goodness!

  • MARS-Is it the Shoes?
  • MARS-Air Jordan V
  • MARS-Aeronautics and Astronautics
  • MARS-Air Jordan IV
  • MARS-Air Jordan IV Part 2
  • MARS-Above the Rim
  • MARS-Nobody

  • 19 Comments:

    At 8:14 AM, Blogger stephen Silver said...

    Ben, settle down on the cintiq, don't you have a story board to finish. I loved mars.

     
    At 9:10 AM, Blogger Ben Balistreri said...

    I COULD be working on the storyboard, but I'm only 4 weeks behind on a 6 week schedual. I won't really be able to focus until I hit that crisis moment of...Oh crap, what the hell was I thinking?! I've only got 2 weeks to board 12 more script pages? *&@@@$$***!! Butch will understand that I'm late cause I had to draw Mars, right?

     
    At 10:49 AM, Blogger Mark McDonnell said...

    Come on man, it's gotta be the cintiq?

     
    At 2:12 PM, Blogger Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

    TRUE CLASSIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
    At 8:01 AM, Blogger justin said...

    hehe. great drawing, Ben.
    I love Mars Blackman. Thanks for the links.

     
    At 9:58 AM, Blogger monkeyfeather said...

    I LOVED Mars Blackman. Those commercials were great... just like this drawing. Nice work as always Ben.

     
    At 1:04 PM, Blogger Heather Sybil Chavez said...

    checkered bike pants are sexy!!!1

     
    At 4:25 PM, Blogger Dik Pose said...

    HAHA... dope!...

    I was standing next to the man himself on the corner of Sunset and Seward today, he is working on a film out here... double dose of Spike!

     
    At 7:04 PM, Blogger Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

    thanks for taking the time to stop by and the kind words from someone as talented as yourself means alot take care!!!

     
    At 11:16 PM, Blogger OV! said...

    YEAH MAN! MARS is the shiznit.

    i miss those ol' Jordan commercials. one of my favs' is "like mike, if i could be like mike". it was a mcdonalds spot.

    awesome drawing, and those birds are off the hook! (spoken in true mars fashion)

    >oVi

     
    At 4:26 PM, Blogger Cale Atkinson said...

    hahah Awesome stuff!
    Great pic, after watching the clips it just made me love it more and more.
    Keep up the inspiring work!
    (and good luck during the crisis moment!)

     
    At 6:53 PM, Blogger SteveLambe said...

    You nailed the likeness, Ben. This brings me back to the jordan commercials I enjoyed in highschool. Everyone wanted Jordan high tops!!

     
    At 10:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

    cool character!

     
    At 12:11 AM, Blogger Cedricstudio said...

    Great illustration, perfect likeness!

     
    At 2:52 PM, Blogger Hans said...

    LOL That's hilarious!

     
    At 8:36 PM, Blogger Art of Don Dixon said...

    Lovin it!

     
    At 1:57 PM, Blogger Lee-Roy said...

    Great characature. Thanks for the fresh links.

     
    At 5:02 PM, Blogger michael valiquette said...

    MARS!
    That's frickin' awesome.
    I wasn't a huge basketball fan, but I always loved those ads. Excellent likeness.

     
    At 8:18 PM, Blogger David Zweig said...

    gotta bow down to tha details in tha shoooooos!!

    so good.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home